Kudos & Kindness: Locals support Sugar Pine Foundation
November 20, 2013
The Sugar Pine Foundation would like to give a big thank you to Rosie and Jeff Cowen, owners of the Blue Angel Cafe. "The Ordinary People, Extraordinary Adventures" Fundraiser on Nov. 14 raised $1,200 for our organization. This will cover the planting of 500 sugar pine seedlings next spring.
We would also like to thank the many local and not so local businesses who so generously donated our silent auction items; Gaia-Licious Global Gifts, Elevate Wellness Center, Bliss Skincare Studio, Richard Matera, Mountain Yoga, Alice at RAH Hair Studio, Patagonia and Third Eye Pinecones.
Finally, thanks to all 50 foundation supporters who attended the event. We enjoyed a fun night of good food, conversation and some great presentations from locals Hannah Greenstreet, Darryl Harris and Debra Scolnick.
Thank you from the board and staff of the Sugar Pine Foundation.
Sugar Pine Foundation
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe