Kudos & Kindness: Sunset cruise raised enough to plant 500 sugar pine seedlings
August 22, 2013
The Sugar Pine Foundation would like to give a big thank you to Orest Navar and the Woodwind II staff and owners. The sunset cruise on Aug. 8 raised $1,700 for our organization, which will cover the planting of 500 sugar pine seedlings this fall.
We would also like to thank Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, Cedar Pine Resorts, Vail Resorts, Patagonia, Tahoe Maps, Tahoe Stand Up Paddle and The Hair and Nail Studio for donating items for our auction.
Finally, thanks to all 50 of the Sugar Pine supporters who attended the sailing cruise! We enjoyed a wonderful sunset whilst admiring the beauty of Lake Tahoe and its surrounding mountains. Good company, food and drink was had by all. We look forward to seeing you all again at our plantings and other events this coming fall.
Sugar Pine Foundation board and staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys