Kudos & Kindness: Thanks for helping with our cleanup day
June 11, 2013
The Clean Tahoe Program's Annual Community Cleanup Day held on Saturday, June 1, was a great success with 617 vehicles taking advantage of the opportunity to save hundreds of dollars dumping their unwanted items for only $5 per vehicle. A big thanks goes out to our sponsors at Heavenly Vail Resorts Echo Program, the South Tahoe Board of Realtors, Iron Mountain Shredding and South Tahoe Refuse. The CCC's were on hand to unload the vehicles and the Clean Tahoe staff, board of directors and its loyal volunteers greeted the community and kept the line moving. The day would not be the same without the wonderful barbecue the Kiwanis put up for our volunteers. Each year the Kiwanians prepare the delicious burgers and hot dogs that keep our troops moving. Clean Tahoe also thanks Robert Humason, the owner of our local McDonalds, for providing hundreds of coupons for everyone who came to the event. It was a great day serving the community and we look forward to the next first Saturday in June when we will do it all again for the 2014 Annual Community Cleanup Day!
South Lake Tahoe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups