Kudos & Kindness: Thanks for supporting local families
August 15, 2013
Many thanks go out to the staff and patrons of our local Grocery Outlet for their generosity and kindness to working families and the less fortunate of the Lake Tahoe Basin. With their "Independence from Hunger" drive during the month of July, the community rallied together during a typically slow month for philanthropic giving, and provided the South Lake Tahoe Family Resource Center with 100 nutrient-dense food bags valued at more than $10 each. Food security is an important health issue that encompasses the physical, social and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food to meet dietary needs for an active lifestyle. Many in the basin are at risk for food insecurity and inadequate nutrition, especially children. That is why projects like the "Independence from Hunger" are so important and valuable to the overall health of our community residents. Thanks Grocery Outlet for your hefty donation to fight hunger.
The board and staff of the
South Lake Tahoe Family Resource Center
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys