Kudos & Kindness: Thanks for supporting the library’s summer programs
September 4, 2013
It was a busy summer at the Lake Tahoe branch of the Douglas County Public Library. Our summer reading programs "Dig Into Reading" for children and "Beneath the Surface" for teens were enhanced by the generosity of local businesses and community volunteers.
Minden-Tahoe Airport, Soaring NV, and Linda Mae Draper-Hivert donated the grand prize of a glider ride for one finisher from each program. The prizes given to the lucky parents of a program finisher included a gift certificate provided by Eastern Sierra Feed and an iPod supplied by the Friends of the Library. Round Table Pizza and Fatburger donated gift certificates to all who finished the reading program. Magic Carpet Golf Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena, Tahoe Bowl, Zephyr Cove Stables, and the Carson Valley Swim Center donated gift certificates for prizes.
Thank you to all of the volunteers who gave their time to make the summer reading programs a success. Your assistance with the programs was invaluable.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune and Lake Tahoe News did a great job of publicizing programs. We couldn't function without the Friends of Douglas County Library. They helped to fund things we needed, from prizes to programs.
The library could not have run such a well-received program without the generosity of all these individuals and businesses. Congratulations to all finishers of the "Dig Into Reading" children's program and the "Beneath the Surface" teen program. Great job!
Kathy Echavarria, Youth Services Librarian
and Maria Pearson, Senior Library Technician
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe