Lake Tahoe air show kicking off 25th year
Ryan Summerlin September 3, 2014
Aerobatic performances will once again capture the attention of onlookers this September at the Lake in the Sky Air Show, now in its 25th year.
The airshow will be held at Lake Tahoe Airport on Sept. 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include performances from Bill Cornick, Jon Melby and Spencer Suderman.
Also at the event will be skydivers, helicopters, classic cars, fire trucks, kids activities, a police bomb robot, a police K9 demonstration, a food court, a beer garden and more.
Signs ups will also be taking place for Young Eagles flights, which will allow participants to take an airplane ride the following day.
Gates to the Lake in the Sky Air Show open at 8 a.m., aerial performances run from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the opening ceremony kicks off at 10:30 a.m.
For more information, go to www.lakeintheskyairshow.com.
Trending In: Local
- Olympian Jamie Anderson disappointed with lack of female representation in Champions Plaza statue
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- “Snowbound!” — Tahoe historian talks significant snowfall
- Fall Fish Fest fun: U.S. Forest Service’s annual event returns to South Shore
- Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care releases golden eagle