Lake Tahoe air show kicking off 25th year
September 3, 2014
Aerobatic performances will once again capture the attention of onlookers this September at the Lake in the Sky Air Show, now in its 25th year.
The airshow will be held at Lake Tahoe Airport on Sept. 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include performances from Bill Cornick, Jon Melby and Spencer Suderman.
Also at the event will be skydivers, helicopters, classic cars, fire trucks, kids activities, a police bomb robot, a police K9 demonstration, a food court, a beer garden and more.
Signs ups will also be taking place for Young Eagles flights, which will allow participants to take an airplane ride the following day.
Gates to the Lake in the Sky Air Show open at 8 a.m., aerial performances run from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the opening ceremony kicks off at 10:30 a.m.
For more information, go to http://www.lakeintheskyairshow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Does the South Lake Tahoe city manager make more than the California Governor?
- The Polar Express leaves the station, begins limited run (video)
- Valhalla Holiday Faire celebrates the season
- Photographer brings ‘Lakes of Desolation’ exhibit to South Lake Tahoe
- Whole Foods: Amazon merger won’t impact South Lake Tahoe store
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- UPDATE: Lifts running as Heavenly Mountain Resort opens 2017-18 season (video)
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report