Lake Tahoe Basin roadwork schedule for Dec. 8-14
December 6, 2013
Caltrans has announced its roadwork schedule for the Lake Tahoe basin for Dec. 8-14.
U.S. Highway 50
Work has ceased for this season on a $12.1 million water-quality and roadway improvement project from the "Y" intersection of Highways 50 and 89 to the South Lake Tahoe Airport adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and new drainage systems and repaving the highway. Completion is expected in fall 2014. The project is in winter suspension.
State Route 89
Work has ceased for this season on a $41 million project from Tahoma to Tahoe City on Lake Tahoe's West Shore that will relocate and replace gas lines, upgrade storm water drainage and treatment systems, add curbs and gutters, resurface and realign the road and widen shoulders. Sections of the bike trail will also be revamped. Completion is expected in 2016. The project is in winter suspension.
State Route 28
Work has ceased for this season on Placer County's $44 million Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project from State Route 267 to Chipmunk Street. The project will install curbs, sidewalks, roundabouts and drainage systems to enhance pedestrian and bicycle mobility, improve safety and provide water-quality improvements. For more information on the KBCCIP, visit http://kingsbeachcore.info/
Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect the No. 2 lane and right shoulder closed from Beach Avenue to Chipmunk Street from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do utility work.
State Route 28
Westbound motorists can expect the No. 2 lane and right shoulder closed from Agatam Avenue to National Avenue in Tahoe Vista from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do utility work.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe