Lake Tahoe Basin Roadwork schedule for Nov. 24-30
November 21, 2013
Caltrans has announced its Lake Tahoe Basin Roadwork schedule for Nov. 24-30. Most traffic-interfering work will be limited Nov. 27 through Dec. 1 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
U.S. Highway 50
Work has ceased for this season on a $12.1 million water-quality and roadway improvement project from the "Y" intersection of Highways 50 and 89 to the South Lake Tahoe Airport adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and new drainage systems and repaving the highway. Completion is expected in fall 2014. The project is in winter suspension.
State Route 89
Work has ceased for this season on a $41 million project from Tahoma to Tahoe City on Lake Tahoe's West Shore that will relocate and replace gas lines, upgrade storm water drainage and treatment systems, add curbs and gutters, resurface and realign the road and widen shoulders. Sections of the bike trail will also be revamped. Completion is expected in 2016. The project is in winter suspension.
State Route 28
Work continues on Placer County's $44 million Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project from State Route 267 to Chipmunk Street. The project will install curbs, sidewalks, roundabouts and drainage systems to enhance pedestrian and bicycle mobility, improve safety and provide water-quality improvements.
U.S. Highway 50
Eastbound and westbound Motorists can expect alternating lane closures at the Trout Creek Bridge in South Lake Tahoe Monday and Tuesday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. A contractor is scheduled to do bridge inspections.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys