Lake Tahoe Basin roadwork schedule for Nov. 3-9
November 4, 2013
Caltrans has announced its roadwork schedule for the Lake Tahoe Basin for Nov. 3-9. Due to the Veteran's Day holiday, lane closures will not be allowed from 6 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8 until 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13 unless granted an exception.
State Route 89
Work has ceased for this season on a $41 million project from Tahoma to Tahoe City on Lake Tahoe's West Shore that will relocate and replace gas lines, upgrade storm water drainage and treatment systems, add curbs and gutters, resurface and realign the road and widen shoulders. Sections of the bike trail will also be revamped. Completion is expected in 2016. The project is in winter suspension.
State Route 28
Work continues on Placer County's $44 million Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project from State Route 267 to Chipmunk Street. The project will install curbs, sidewalks, roundabouts and drainage systems to enhance pedestrian and bicycle mobility, improve safety and provide water-quality improvements.
Westbound motorists can expect the No. 2 lane and shoulder from Coon Street to Deer Street closed around the clock from midnight Monday until 11 p.m. Thursday. A contractor is scheduled to do utility work.
U.S. Highway 50
Work has ceased for this season on a $12.1 million water-quality and roadway improvement project from the "Y" intersection of Highways 50 and 89 to the South Lake Tahoe Airport adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and new drainage systems and repaving the highway. Completion is expected in fall 2014. The project is in winter suspension.
U.S. Highway 50 (El Dorado County): Work continues on an $18.5 million project by El Dorado County to reconstruct the westbound U.S. Highway 50 ramps to El Dorado Hills Boulevard and Latrobe Road in El Dorado Hills. For more information on this project, visit http://edcapps.edcgov.us/dot/roadwork.asp
State Route 28
Motorists can expect one-way traffic control from Old Country Road to Lardin Way in Dollar Point from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. A contractor is scheduled to do tree work.
State Route 89
Motorists can expect one-way traffic control from Elizabeth Drive to Blackwood Creek Road in Tahoe Pines from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. A Caltrans crew is scheduled to do maintenance work.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe