Lake Tahoe fires under investigation for arson
July 1, 2014
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office, U.S. Forest Service and Tahoe Douglas Fire Department are investigating several small brush fires in the Lake Tahoe Basin as potential arsons.
In the last two weeks, four small brush fires have been started near hiking trails in the Stateline and Zephyr Cove, Nevada areas.
Because of the nature of the fires, they are believed to have been started by the same person or people, Sgt. Pat Brooks said in a press statement.
Douglas County Secret Witness is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible.
Anyone with information about fires or suspicious people in the areas of Kingsbury Middle School in Lake Village or Rabe Meadow off Kahle Drive or any other hiking trails is asked to call Investigator J. Schemenauer at 775-782-5126 or Douglas County Secret Witness at 775-782 7463.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys