Lake Tahoe man charged with attempted murder after report of mallet attack
August 18, 2014
A South Lake Tahoe man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder Tuesday after repeatedly striking his female roommate in the head with a rubber mallet, authorities said.
Steven Post, 47, and his roommate were in an argument when the attack took place on the 4,000 block of Azure Avenue, according to South Lake Tahoe Police.
Police arrived to find the woman "awake and alert," Sgt. Shannon Laney said. However, she became unconscious upon arriving at Barton Memorial Hospital.
She was flown to Renown Medical Center in Reno for major injuries on both sides of her head. On Wednesday, Laney said he didn't know what her status was, but confirmed that she was alive.
Police are not releasing the victim's name at this time, but said Post and the woman had apparently been roommates off and on for some time.
As of Wednesday, Post was still being held in the South Lake Tahoe jail without bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys