Lake Tahoe school district to hold public hearing
May 22, 2014
The Lake Tahoe Unified School District will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. May 27 to solicit the recommendations and comments of the public regarding the specific actions and expenditures proposed to be included in the Local Control and Accountability Plan and the annual update template.
The development of a LCAP is a necessary component of the Local Control Funding Formula, a new system in California for determining the level of state funding provided to school districts while giving the districts more flexibility to direct resources.
LCFF requires the districts to involve parents, community members, pupils and bargaining units in the process of creating the LCAP.
The public hearing will be held at the LTUSD board room at 1021 Al Tahoe Boulevard in South Lake Tahoe. The proposed LCAP is available for public inspection online at http://www.ltusd.org and http://ltusd.csbaagendaonline.net, and in hard copy at the LTUSD office.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Relatives remember Tahoe’s worst plane crash 50 years later