Lake Valley gets rebuilt fire engine
March 12, 2014
Lake Valley Fire Protection District took possession this week of its rebuilt 2011 Ferrara fire engine.
The vehicle was repowered with a new engine that can not only tackle the area's challenging terrain, but also comply with new California emission standards taking effect.
The vehicle will respond from the district's fire station in Meyers.
As with all of Lake Valley's fire engines, it carries equipment for structure fires, Wildland fires, technical rope rescues, auto extrication, hazardous materials mitigation, ice and water rescue and advance life support incidents.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- New university center to bring more 4-year degrees to Lake Tahoe Community College