Light up South Lake Tahoe to be held Saturday
December 6, 2013
The second annual Light up South Lake Tahoe event and tree lighting will be held Saturday, Dec. 7.
The South Lake Tahoe Fire Department will have its fire truck, along with the Police Armored Vehicle and Public Works Snow Plow, decorated with white lights and will begin the procession at Stateline at 6 p.m. Once the fire truck approaches businesses on Highway 50, businesses are asked turn on their holiday lights.
The festivities will conclude at the "Y," where Highways 50 and 89 intersect, with the annual tree lighting, Lake Tahoe Unified School District choirs singing from grades 3-12, a brass band comprised of South Tahoe High School students, and a visit and photo opportunities with Santa Claus.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe