Light up South Lake Tahoe to be held Saturday
December 6, 2013
The second annual Light up South Lake Tahoe event and tree lighting will be held Saturday, Dec. 7.
The South Lake Tahoe Fire Department will have its fire truck, along with the Police Armored Vehicle and Public Works Snow Plow, decorated with white lights and will begin the procession at Stateline at 6 p.m. Once the fire truck approaches businesses on Highway 50, businesses are asked turn on their holiday lights.
The festivities will conclude at the "Y," where Highways 50 and 89 intersect, with the annual tree lighting, Lake Tahoe Unified School District choirs singing from grades 3-12, a brass band comprised of South Tahoe High School students, and a visit and photo opportunities with Santa Claus.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Relatives remember Tahoe’s worst plane crash 50 years later