Live at Lakeview concerts to return next two summers
April 17, 2013
The Live at Lakeview Summer Music series is expected to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer and next.
The free concerts, which started last year, will take place every Thursday — with the exception of July 4 — at Lakeview Commons from June 20 through Aug. 29, according to a press release from On Course Events, which promoted the popular concert series last summer.
The South Lake Tahoe City Council recognized the music series as a signature summer event Tuesday and directed staff to negotiate a two-year contract with the event company.
"On Course is excited to work with the city again to produce this great summer community gathering," Owner of On Course Events Rob Giustina said in the release.
The Lakeview Summer Music Series drew hundreds of people to the South Shore venue Thursday evenings in summer 2012. The concert series will take place this year from 4:30-9 p.m. and will feature a beer garden, free bike valet and local vendors.
Entertainment includes different genres of music every week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?