Live at Lakeview concerts to return next two summers
April 17, 2013
The Live at Lakeview Summer Music series is expected to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer and next.
The free concerts, which started last year, will take place every Thursday — with the exception of July 4 — at Lakeview Commons from June 20 through Aug. 29, according to a press release from On Course Events, which promoted the popular concert series last summer.
The South Lake Tahoe City Council recognized the music series as a signature summer event Tuesday and directed staff to negotiate a two-year contract with the event company.
"On Course is excited to work with the city again to produce this great summer community gathering," Owner of On Course Events Rob Giustina said in the release.
The Lakeview Summer Music Series drew hundreds of people to the South Shore venue Thursday evenings in summer 2012. The concert series will take place this year from 4:30-9 p.m. and will feature a beer garden, free bike valet and local vendors.
Entertainment includes different genres of music every week.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin