Local returns home as spine specialist for Barton Health
August 14, 2017
A South Lake Tahoe-raised doctor has joined the Barton Health team as a spine specialist at the Tahoe Center for Orthopedics and Tahoe Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
Dr. Zachary Child is a board certified orthopedic spine surgeon and musculoskeletal oncologist. Child attended medical school at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and completed his residency at the University of New Mexico. For his postdoctoral training, he completed fellowships in spine surgery at Harborview Medical Center (University of Washington) as well as orthopedic oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital (Harvard Medical School).
Child has participated in research concerning complex spine surgery and oncology, taught courses at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, and was on the adjunct faculty at the University of Washington in Seattle. His research has been published on multiple occasions.
Child's list of spine specialties include: chronic back pain, injury and complication prevention in spine care, orthopedic trauma and spinal cord injury care, complex adult deformities, artificial disc replacement and microscopic discectomy, musculoskeletal oncology (bone tumor surgeries), and spinal cord infections.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- The Polar Express leaves the station, begins limited run (video)
- Does the South Lake Tahoe city manager make more than the California Governor?
- Valhalla Holiday Faire celebrates the season
- Demolition begins at Knights Inn, making way for Whole Foods 365
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- UPDATE: Lifts running as Heavenly Mountain Resort opens 2017-18 season (video)