Man arrested after bank robbery, car chase
May 19, 2014
A Carson City man was arrested Friday after allegedly robbing the Plumas Bank in Kings Beach, Calif., Thursday morning.
Brent Muir, 55, allegedly walked into the bank with a handgun and escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash, driving away in a tan 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
Muir then drove to the Sand Harbor area of Lake Tahoe where federal law enforcement officers spotted him and asked Nevada Highway Patrol to stop his vehicle.
Muir led Nevada Highway Patrol troopers and deputies from the Douglas County and Carson City sheriff's offices on a short pursuit through parts of South Carson City before stopping his vehicle and fleeing on foot at the corner of California Street and Industrial Park Drive. He was caught and detained by Douglas County sheriff's deputies after a short foot pursuit.
Muir was arrested on suspicion of felony eluding, reckless driving and driving without a valid driver's license. A weapon and money was found inside his car, according to the NHP.
Charges stemming from the alleged bank robbery are pending further investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Placer County Sheriff's Office.
Witnesses or people with more information are asked to call the NHP dispatch center at 775-687-0400. It is case number NHP-140501380.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?