Man arrested for alleged assault with metal pipe
June 26, 2013
Police arrested a man on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon this weekend after he allegedly attacked a neighbor with a metal pipe.
Dispatchers received multiple reports of the incident about 6:30 p.m. Sunday at an apartment complex on the 2600 block of Lake Tahoe Boulevard, Lt. Brian Williams said.
The alleged victim of the assault told police his neighbor, 48-year-old Brian Cerny, came out of his apartment and hit him in the head with a metal pipe. The victim of the assault was reportedly upset with Cerny for yelling at his kids. Cerny told police he felt threatened and acted in self defense, Williams said.
The victim suffered lacerations to his face and mouth and was taken to Barton Memorial Hospital. Cerny remains in custody at El Dorado County Jail in South lake Tahoe. It is unknown whether he has an attorney.
In other news
• A small fire caused minor damage to the original Red Hut Cafe early Tuesday morning, according to a statement from the South Lake Tahoe Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the restaurant, located at 2732 Lake Tahoe Blvd., about 5:30 a.m. following a report of a structure fire, according to the statement.
Four- to five-foot flames were coming from a back oven at the restaurant. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames, according to the statement. No injuries were reported.
• South Lake Tahoe police are investigating a Thursday incident where a man allegedly aimed a loaded crossbow at a neighbor. Police received a report of the incident about 3:20 p.m. The alleged victim said he drove by the suspect's house on Julie Lane, but made a U-turn when he realized he forgot something, Lt. Brian Williams said. When he returned he reported seeing the neighbor pointing a weapon at him, Williams said. The neighbors had a history of animosity. Police have been unable to contact the alleged assailant.
• A bicyclist is believed to be at fault in a Tuesday morning collision at the intersection of Rubicon Trail and U.S. Highway 50.
The bicyclist, an adult woman, was taken to Barton Memorial Hospital with injuries to her foot following the crash, said Lt. Brian Williams.
The woman was riding eastbound on the north side of Highway 50 when a driver turned right onto Highway 50 and struck the bicyclist, Williams said. Additional details of the crash were not immediately available Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys