Man arrested for choking woman
April 20, 2013
South Lake Tahoe police arrested a 21-year-old South Lake Tahoe man on suspicion of felony battery and resisting arrest Wednesday after he allegedly choked a 45-year-old woman into unconsciousness.
Skylor Klitsch was booked into El Dorado County Jail in South Lake Tahoe after officers saw him leaving the scene of the incident on the 800 block of Tahoe Island Drive about 6:30 a.m., according to a Wednesday statement from the city. Klitsch, who was intoxicated at the time, was riding east on the bike path near Rubicon Trail when he was spotted by police, according to the statement.
Klitsch allegedly refused to stop for officers, pedaling across Lake Tahoe Boulevard before losing control on snow and falling to the ground.
Officers allegedly found a .22-caliber handgun and ammunition on Klitsch. As he was being booked into jail, officers also allegedly found a small bag of marijuana in his possession. He was then booked on suspicion of bringing a controlled substance into the jail, according to the statement.
Klitsch remained in custody Thursday afternoon. It is unknown whether he has an attorney. The victim in the incident has been granted an emergency restraining order following the incident, according to the statement.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe