Man arrested for choking woman
April 20, 2013
South Lake Tahoe police arrested a 21-year-old South Lake Tahoe man on suspicion of felony battery and resisting arrest Wednesday after he allegedly choked a 45-year-old woman into unconsciousness.
Skylor Klitsch was booked into El Dorado County Jail in South Lake Tahoe after officers saw him leaving the scene of the incident on the 800 block of Tahoe Island Drive about 6:30 a.m., according to a Wednesday statement from the city. Klitsch, who was intoxicated at the time, was riding east on the bike path near Rubicon Trail when he was spotted by police, according to the statement.
Klitsch allegedly refused to stop for officers, pedaling across Lake Tahoe Boulevard before losing control on snow and falling to the ground.
Officers allegedly found a .22-caliber handgun and ammunition on Klitsch. As he was being booked into jail, officers also allegedly found a small bag of marijuana in his possession. He was then booked on suspicion of bringing a controlled substance into the jail, according to the statement.
Klitsch remained in custody Thursday afternoon. It is unknown whether he has an attorney. The victim in the incident has been granted an emergency restraining order following the incident, according to the statement.
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade
- Mountains Work Week shows young professional the perks of working in Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)