Man drives through garage, plummets 80 feet to death
Ryan Summerlin May 6, 2014
A homeowner on Lookout Road in Zephyr Heights died Friday after driving through the back wall of his garage and plummeting about 80 feet and then down an embankment.
The vehicle came to rest against a tree and the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at about 11:42 a.m. on the 600 block of Lookout Road.
The man’s name is being withheld pending family notification. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Olympian Jamie Anderson disappointed with lack of female representation in Champions Plaza statue
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- “Snowbound!” — Tahoe historian talks significant snowfall
- Fall Fish Fest fun: U.S. Forest Service’s annual event returns to South Shore
- Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care releases golden eagle