Man drives through garage, plummets 80 feet to death
May 6, 2014
A homeowner on Lookout Road in Zephyr Heights died Friday after driving through the back wall of his garage and plummeting about 80 feet and then down an embankment.
The vehicle came to rest against a tree and the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and Nevada Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at about 11:42 a.m. on the 600 block of Lookout Road.
The man's name is being withheld pending family notification. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Tahoe Keys Marina denied request for water to be turned on, again
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race