Man drives through garage, plummets 80 feet to death
May 6, 2014
A homeowner on Lookout Road in Zephyr Heights died Friday after driving through the back wall of his garage and plummeting about 80 feet and then down an embankment.
The vehicle came to rest against a tree and the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at about 11:42 a.m. on the 600 block of Lookout Road.
The man’s name is being withheld pending family notification. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- City of South Lake Tahoe and JoAnn Conner again at odds over settlement
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe births, and more
- WordWave: A Festival of Story returns to South Lake Tahoe
- Kirkwood facing fines over reported wetlands contamination, clean up underway