Man drives through garage, plummets 80 feet to death
May 6, 2014
A homeowner on Lookout Road in Zephyr Heights died Friday after driving through the back wall of his garage and plummeting about 80 feet and then down an embankment.
The vehicle came to rest against a tree and the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and Nevada Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at about 11:42 a.m. on the 600 block of Lookout Road.
The man's name is being withheld pending family notification. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade
- Mountains Work Week shows young professional the perks of working in Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)