Man drives through garage, plummets 80 feet to death
May 6, 2014
A homeowner on Lookout Road in Zephyr Heights died Friday after driving through the back wall of his garage and plummeting about 80 feet and then down an embankment.
The vehicle came to rest against a tree and the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and Nevada Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at about 11:42 a.m. on the 600 block of Lookout Road.
The man's name is being withheld pending family notification. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’