Man drives through garage, plummets 80 feet to death
May 6, 2014
A homeowner on Lookout Road in Zephyr Heights died Friday after driving through the back wall of his garage and plummeting about 80 feet and then down an embankment.
The vehicle came to rest against a tree and the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and Nevada Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at about 11:42 a.m. on the 600 block of Lookout Road.
The man's name is being withheld pending family notification. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe