Meeting on Harrison Avenue project
April 10, 2014
An upcoming meeting focuses on construction plans for the Harrison Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project.
The meeting is 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 24 at the South Lake Tahoe Senior Center, 3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
City officials and the contractor, Sierra Nevada Construction, will provide information about the project and construction plans, with a chance for residents and businesses to share their questions and concerns.
Work is slated to start in May. The nearly $6 million project repaves Harrison Avenue as well as one block of the adjacent roads between Harrison and Riverside avenues.
Improvements in the project area will include sidewalks, bike trails, landscaping and storm water upgrades.
The project will involve extensive road and parking closures, traffic detours and bicycle and pedestrian impacts that will effect all business owners and patrons in the project area.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- UPDATE: Crews reach 100 percent containment on Ranch Fire in El Dorado County