Meeting on Harrison Avenue project
April 10, 2014
An upcoming meeting focuses on construction plans for the Harrison Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project.
The meeting is 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 24 at the South Lake Tahoe Senior Center, 3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
City officials and the contractor, Sierra Nevada Construction, will provide information about the project and construction plans, with a chance for residents and businesses to share their questions and concerns.
Work is slated to start in May. The nearly $6 million project repaves Harrison Avenue as well as one block of the adjacent roads between Harrison and Riverside avenues.
Improvements in the project area will include sidewalks, bike trails, landscaping and storm water upgrades.
The project will involve extensive road and parking closures, traffic detours and bicycle and pedestrian impacts that will effect all business owners and patrons in the project area.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)