Happy Homestead Cemetery in Tahoe to dedicate public safety memorial
May 17, 2017
On Friday, May 19, South Lake Tahoe's Happy Homestead Cemetery will dedicate a new public safety memorial wall.
A ceremony and reception begin at 1 p.m. at the location, which is found at 1261 Johnson Blvd. The event welcomes speakers from a multitude of organizations, including both law enforcement and fire departments.
"It is a great opportunity for all to come out and support the people who keep our community safe," said Mike Warren, district manager at Happy Homestead Cemetery District.
There will be displays of equipment and refreshments available. Contact the district at 530-541-7070 to learn more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- New university center to bring more 4-year degrees to Lake Tahoe Community College