Happy Homestead Cemetery in Tahoe to dedicate public safety memorial
May 17, 2017
On Friday, May 19, South Lake Tahoe's Happy Homestead Cemetery will dedicate a new public safety memorial wall.
A ceremony and reception begin at 1 p.m. at the location, which is found at 1261 Johnson Blvd. The event welcomes speakers from a multitude of organizations, including both law enforcement and fire departments.
"It is a great opportunity for all to come out and support the people who keep our community safe," said Mike Warren, district manager at Happy Homestead Cemetery District.
There will be displays of equipment and refreshments available. Contact the district at 530-541-7070 to learn more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination