Men suspected of casino fraud
June 27, 2013
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help in locating two men suspected of fraudulently using a credit card to get cash at a South Shore casino.
About 1:30 p.m. June 19 the men entered Lakeside Inn and Casino and obtained a voucher from the ATM machine inside the casino, according to the Sheriff's Office.
"The males used a credit card that did not match the identification that was provided when they presented the voucher for cash," Sgt. Pat Brooks said in a statement. "The males were able to fraudulently obtain cash from the casino."
The men also allegedly attempted to get cash at a casino near Bishop, Calif.
The Sheriff's Office asks anyone with information regarding the case to call DCSO Investigator Ed Garren at 775-586-7255 or Douglas County Secret Witness at 775-782-7463.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys