Men suspected of casino fraud
June 27, 2013
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating two men suspected of fraudulently using a credit card to get cash at a South Shore casino.
About 1:30 p.m. June 19 the men entered Lakeside Inn and Casino and obtained a voucher from the ATM machine inside the casino, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
“The males used a credit card that did not match the identification that was provided when they presented the voucher for cash,” Sgt. Pat Brooks said in a statement. “The males were able to fraudulently obtain cash from the casino.”
The men also allegedly attempted to get cash at a casino near Bishop, Calif.
The Sheriff’s Office asks anyone with information regarding the case to call DCSO Investigator Ed Garren at 775-586-7255 or Douglas County Secret Witness at 775-782-7463.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?