Missing South Lake Tahoe man arrested in Reno
June 14, 2013
A 74-year-old man who was reported missing by South Lake Tahoe police June 9 had been arrested by Reno-Tahoe International Airport police on suspicion of trespassing that same day, according to a Wednesday statement from police.
Norman Lambert was booked into Washoe County Jail for allegedly trespassing at the airport, according to the statement.
Details of his arrest were not reported to South Lake Tahoe police by Reno police and it is unknown why Lambert was at the airport, according to the statement.
On June 7, police responded to Lambert's apartment on the 3400 block of Spruce Avenue in South Lake Tahoe following a call in reference to Lambert, but he was gone when police arrived. Witnesses reported he appeared confused and disoriented. Police believe Lambert may be suffering from Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- UC Davis scientists launch underwater robot in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Cell phone coverage in Lake Tahoe stinks!
- Will Lake Tahoe casinos ever be smoke-free?
- Guest column: Should South Lake Tahoe change policies regarding dogs in city parks?
- Yosemite wildfire burning in trees killed by beetles