Mobile Food Pantry to distribute food in South Lake Tahoe
April 14, 2014
The Food Bank of El Dorado County will be in the community of South Lake Tahoe with its Mobile Food Pantry from 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, April 23 at the American Legion Hall, 2748 Lake Tahoe Blvd., to distribute emergency supplemental groceries to those who need it most.
Those who are struggling to make ends meet and live in El Dorado County are invited stop by for a food distribution. Please note that the Food Bank will provide one allocation of groceries per household.
The Food Bank of El Dorado County built its mobile food pantry in 2012 to reach the most rural areas of El Dorado County. Each week the Food Bank travels to a different city within the county distributing enough food for up to 150 families.
"Our mobile food pantry is an effective vehicle for assisting El Dorado County's most at-risk population in areas that may have limited transportation and resources," Food Bank founder Mike Sproull says.
Thanks to community sponsors like American Century Championship Contribution Committee who donated $2,500 to the Food Bank for its impact to the South Shore community, the Food Bank's mobile food pantry continues to support the South Lake Tahoe community.
For more information on how you can give or get help, call 530-621-9950 or email email@example.com.
Contributions can be mailed to the Food Bank of El Dorado County at 4550 Business Dr., Cameron Park, CA 95682 or online at http://www.foodbankedc.org or by calling Carey Fong at 530-621-9950.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe