More road construction begins Monday in South Tahoe
May 3, 2013
A $7.3 million road improvement project will begin Monday between Ski Run Boulevard and Wildwood Avenue, the California Department of Transportation announced Friday.
The half-mile project on U.S Highway 50 will allow for the collection and treatment of runoff and will add bike lanes, sidewalks and pedestrian lighting. Shoulders will be widened to 6 feet.
Construction through June 30 will occur primarily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 4 a.m. and noon on Fridays. Starting July 1, crews will work nights from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m.
According to the release, Caltrans hopes to have the project completed by the end of the 2013 construction season.
For more information, visit http://www.tahoeroads.com.
Trending In: Local
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’