More road construction begins Monday in South Tahoe
May 3, 2013
A $7.3 million road improvement project will begin Monday between Ski Run Boulevard and Wildwood Avenue, the California Department of Transportation announced Friday.
The half-mile project on U.S Highway 50 will allow for the collection and treatment of runoff and will add bike lanes, sidewalks and pedestrian lighting. Shoulders will be widened to 6 feet.
Construction through June 30 will occur primarily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 4 a.m. and noon on Fridays. Starting July 1, crews will work nights from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m.
According to the release, Caltrans hopes to have the project completed by the end of the 2013 construction season.
For more information, visit http://www.tahoeroads.com.
Trending In: Local
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe