More road construction begins Monday in South Tahoe
May 3, 2013
A $7.3 million road improvement project will begin Monday between Ski Run Boulevard and Wildwood Avenue, the California Department of Transportation announced Friday.
The half-mile project on U.S Highway 50 will allow for the collection and treatment of runoff and will add bike lanes, sidewalks and pedestrian lighting. Shoulders will be widened to 6 feet.
Construction through June 30 will occur primarily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 4 a.m. and noon on Fridays. Starting July 1, crews will work nights from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m.
According to the release, Caltrans hopes to have the project completed by the end of the 2013 construction season.
For more information, visit http://www.tahoeroads.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?