More road construction begins Monday in South Tahoe
May 3, 2013
A $7.3 million road improvement project will begin Monday between Ski Run Boulevard and Wildwood Avenue, the California Department of Transportation announced Friday.
The half-mile project on U.S Highway 50 will allow for the collection and treatment of runoff and will add bike lanes, sidewalks and pedestrian lighting. Shoulders will be widened to 6 feet.
Construction through June 30 will occur primarily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 4 a.m. and noon on Fridays. Starting July 1, crews will work nights from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m.
According to the release, Caltrans hopes to have the project completed by the end of the 2013 construction season.
For more information, visit http://www.tahoeroads.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- UPDATE: Crews reach 100 percent containment on Ranch Fire in El Dorado County