Motorcycle crash lands man and 10-year-old in hospital
August 6, 2014
An unidentified man and 10-year-old girl were taken to the hospital Thursday after crashing a small motorcycle on Emerald Bay Road and sliding into a moving Mini Cooper, authorities said.
The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time. However, the man was seen wearing a neck brace and was heard complaining of pain in his left leg.
The incident occurred shortly before police received a call at 11:12 a.m., said Sgt. Shannon Norrgard of the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.
The man had apparently been driving the motorcycle with the 10-year-old sitting behind him at the time of the crash. He was travelling southeast in a bike lane, while the Mini Cooper, travelling in the opposite direction, was making a left-hand turn onto Fifth Street, Norrgard said.
The two vehicles collided when the motorcycle fell on its side and slid into the car. Norrgard said it was unclear whether the man crashed the motorcycle to avoid hitting the turning Mini Cooper.
Both the man and 10-year-old girl were taken to Barton Memorial Hospital. The driver of the Mini Cooper appeared uninjured.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline