New boutique opens in Harrah’s
July 16, 2014
A longtime South Shore resident with 30 years experience working off and on at a local retail store has opened a new boutique inside Harrah's Lake Tahoe.
Julie Mitchell opened her first business, j Boutique, to clamoring Fourth of July crowds. The first weekend of business went so well, in fact, she had to fly to L.A. this week to restock her store.
"I've been scared," she said of starting a new business. "But it has been my dream to do this."
The store offers pajamas, shoes, jewelry, shirts, dresses purses and more at a variety of price points. It also offers men's shirts made by brands, such as Robert Graham, that Mitchell said aren't available anywhere else in the area.
"If this takes off, I may open a men's store, too," she said.
For her business strategy, Mitchell said she plans to focus on customer service — something she became known for at her previous job. She also plans to "take care of the locals" by giving a discount to South Shore residents.
The boutique is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays. For more information, call (775) 586-9333.
Trending In: Local
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Another roof collapses near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning
- Altercation in South Lake Tahoe sends 4 homeless men to hospital, 1 with life threatening injuries