New Tahoe Daily Tribune editor named
April 8, 2014
Veteran newsman Adam Trumble takes over Monday as editor of the Tahoe Daily Tribune.
For more than six years Trumble has served in a variety of news positions, including night news editor and interim editor, for the Nevada Appeal in Carson City. The Tribune and the Nevada Appeal are both part of family-owned Swift Communications.
Trumble, 31, was first attracted to Lake Tahoe after visiting from his home in Michigan eight years ago. He holds a journalism degree from Central Michigan University where he edited the university newspaper. Upon graduation, he worked in news positions with the Alpena (MI) News before joining the newsroom at the Nevada Appeal.
"I am excited to get to know and serve our readers," Trumble said. "I believe in community journalism and look forward to working with a group of talented journalists as we try and bring readers all the news that is important to them in print and digital mediums."
"I think our readers and community will really benefit from Adam's work as editor," Tribune Publisher Mark Raymond said. "He is looking forward to being active in the community and meeting with our readers. I think, along with our news team, he will provide a newspaper that is as vibrant and interesting as the people that call this home."
Trumble said he welcomes any thoughts and comments from readers. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Another roof collapses near Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning
- Tahoe crime recap: Drunk driver tries to run witness off road after hitting bicyclist