NHP starting seatbelt enforcement campaign
May 16, 2014
Nevada Highway Patrol is mobilizing a “Click It or Ticket” campaign starting Monday to crack down on motorists who aren’t wearing seat belts.
The seat belt enforcement initiative will run through June 1 and involve law enforcement agencies around the country, according to Trooper Dave Gibson, spokesman for the Nevada Highway Patrol.
“We want to ensure that everyone arrives at their destinations safe and sound, so we are letting you know now: If you are not wearing your seat belt, you will be ticketed. We will show no leniency. Our officers are also trained to spot seat belt violations at night, so no matter what time of day it is they will catch you,” Gibson said in a press release.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena