NHP starting seatbelt enforcement campaign
May 16, 2014
Nevada Highway Patrol is mobilizing a "Click It or Ticket" campaign starting Monday to crack down on motorists who aren't wearing seat belts.
The seat belt enforcement initiative will run through June 1 and involve law enforcement agencies around the country, according to Trooper Dave Gibson, spokesman for the Nevada Highway Patrol.
"We want to ensure that everyone arrives at their destinations safe and sound, so we are letting you know now: If you are not wearing your seat belt, you will be ticketed. We will show no leniency. Our officers are also trained to spot seat belt violations at night, so no matter what time of day it is they will catch you," Gibson said in a press release.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)