NHP starting seatbelt enforcement campaign
May 16, 2014
Nevada Highway Patrol is mobilizing a "Click It or Ticket" campaign starting Monday to crack down on motorists who aren't wearing seat belts.
The seat belt enforcement initiative will run through June 1 and involve law enforcement agencies around the country, according to Trooper Dave Gibson, spokesman for the Nevada Highway Patrol.
"We want to ensure that everyone arrives at their destinations safe and sound, so we are letting you know now: If you are not wearing your seat belt, you will be ticketed. We will show no leniency. Our officers are also trained to spot seat belt violations at night, so no matter what time of day it is they will catch you," Gibson said in a press release.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Is social media ruining Lake Tahoe’s wilderness?
- Under new ownership, Tahoe Tot Spot increases programming for families
- Fire pizza kitchen makes a difference by giving back to Douglas County community
- Douglas County School District superintendent sets goals
- Meyers Area Plan updated for first time since 1993
- South Lake Tahoe man lying in highway dies after being unintentionally run over in Gardnerville
- Woman arrested for DUI after crashing into tree in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of snow at 7,000 feet on Thursday and Friday
- First snow falls in Lake Tahoe; Kirkwood reports 3 to 4 inches
- South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist dies in Hope Valley crash