NV Energy warns of consumer alert to customers
February 24, 2017
Another phone scam is making the rounds, and this time it's from a caller claiming to be with NV Energy.
The perpetrator(s) are calling customers and making deceptive threats about their electric service, according to a press release form NV Energy. The phone number also appears as NV Energy.
NV Energy does not call customers to demand immediate payment for any reason. Customers at risk of having their power disconnected due to nonpayment receive a 10-day and 48-hour notice via U.S. mail.
If customers receive a call asking for an immediate payment, they should refuse and call local law enforcement or NV Energy if they have additional questions. Customers may also call NV Energy's customer service department in southern Nevada at 702-402-5555.
In addition, NV Energy requires field employees and contractors to wear identification badges at all times. Employees are never authorized to receive payment in the field.
Information about NV Energy is available at nvenergy.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?