‘Off the Wall’ art auction set
March 12, 2014
The Lake Tahoe Community College Foundation and Rotary Club of South Lake Tahoe are hosting the third annual "Off the Wall" art auction at LTCC. Participants can enjoy artworks created by locally and regionally known artists, bid on their favorites, and support local education and charitable organizations at the same time.
The artwork up for auction is being donated by a number of local artists, including LTCC Art Department Chairwoman Phyllis Shafer, and other Art Department faculty members.
Participants can first view the art at an auction kickoff party from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, March 24 in the Haldan Gallery and Board/Aspen rooms, inside the library building on the LTCC campus. The event is free. Auction items can also be viewed from March 25-28 in the Haldan. Gallery hours will be from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. each day.
The "Off the Wall" Auction Night is at 6 p.m. Saturday, March 29 in the Haldan and Board/Aspen rooms. A silent auction will be held from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m., with a live auction at 7:30 p.m. There is a $10 charge at the door to attend and bid at the auction, which includes one drink coupon and lots of hearty appetizers.
All of the proceeds from ticket and art sales will be split between the LTCC Foundation and the Rotary Club of South Lake Tahoe.
To preview some of the artwork to be auctioned visit http://www.tahoeoffthewallart.com. For more information about the "Off the Wall" Art Auction, send an email to Foundation@ltcc.edu, or call 530-541-4660 ext. 245. Or contact Michael Murillo at 530-544-3310 for more information. Updated art auction information can also be found at http://www.ltcc.edu/web/donate/events.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?