Overnight lane closures to take place through Friday
July 9, 2013
Multiple lane closures on Highway 50 will take place overnight in South Lake Tahoe through Friday, Caltrans announced.
Grinding and paving will occur on eastbound lanes from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday from the "Y" intersection of Highway 50 and State Route 89 to Trout Creek. The repaving work is in addition to several Caltrans water-quality improvement projects in various stages of development along Highway 50 in South Lake Tahoe.
Eastbound and westbound motorists on Highway 50 from Trout Creek to Ski Run Boulevard can expect alternating No. 2 lane and shoulder closures from midnight to 11 a.m. through Friday for drainage work on a $43 million project there.
Westbound motorists on 50 from Fairway Avenue to Wildwood Avenue can expect alternating lane and shoulder closures from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. through Thursday and 10 p.m. Thursday to 9 a.m. Friday as part of a $7.3 million project on that section of the highway.
In addition, work has started on a $12.1 million project from the "Y" to the South Lake Tahoe Airport. Next week's construction schedule on that project is 8 p.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 p.m. Thursday to 10 a.m. Friday.
There is no weekend work scheduled for any of these projects.
For more information on all the highway projects going on around the Lake Tahoe Basin, visit http://www.tahoeroads.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?