Passenger injured in one-car wreck near Spooner Summit
March 13, 2014
A one-vehicle wreck near Spooner Summit on Tuesday morning left one person with life-threatening injuries.
Preliminary reports indicate a 2009 Nissan Murano driven by Wesley N. Waterman, 25, of Kings Beach, Calif., was traveling south on State Route 28, north of the intersection with Highway 50, when the vehicle went off the right side of the roadway at about 6:27 a.m., according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
A passenger, Morgan Russell, sustained life-threatening injuries when the vehicle hit a road sign and then a tree, and was transported to Renown Medical Center in Reno for emergency treatment.
Waterman, who may have fallen asleep at the wheel, and passenger Karly Findorff suffered minor injuries, according to the NHP.
The hometowns and ages of the two passengers were not immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation by NHP Trooper R. Rikalo.
Witnesses can contact him at 775-684-7381 or 775-687-0400 or by email at email@example.com regarding case number NHP-140300814.
Once the crash investigation is complete, any potential charges will be recommended to the Carson City District Attorney's Office for review.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)