Passenger injured in one-car wreck near Spooner Summit
March 13, 2014
A one-vehicle wreck near Spooner Summit on Tuesday morning left one person with life-threatening injuries.
Preliminary reports indicate a 2009 Nissan Murano driven by Wesley N. Waterman, 25, of Kings Beach, Calif., was traveling south on State Route 28, north of the intersection with Highway 50, when the vehicle went off the right side of the roadway at about 6:27 a.m., according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
A passenger, Morgan Russell, sustained life-threatening injuries when the vehicle hit a road sign and then a tree, and was transported to Renown Medical Center in Reno for emergency treatment.
Waterman, who may have fallen asleep at the wheel, and passenger Karly Findorff suffered minor injuries, according to the NHP.
The hometowns and ages of the two passengers were not immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation by NHP Trooper R. Rikalo.
Witnesses can contact him at 775-684-7381 or 775-687-0400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case number NHP-140300814.
Once the crash investigation is complete, any potential charges will be recommended to the Carson City District Attorney's Office for review.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys