Passenger injured in one-car wreck near Spooner Summit
March 13, 2014
A one-vehicle wreck near Spooner Summit on Tuesday morning left one person with life-threatening injuries.
Preliminary reports indicate a 2009 Nissan Murano driven by Wesley N. Waterman, 25, of Kings Beach, Calif., was traveling south on State Route 28, north of the intersection with Highway 50, when the vehicle went off the right side of the roadway at about 6:27 a.m., according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
A passenger, Morgan Russell, sustained life-threatening injuries when the vehicle hit a road sign and then a tree, and was transported to Renown Medical Center in Reno for emergency treatment.
Waterman, who may have fallen asleep at the wheel, and passenger Karly Findorff suffered minor injuries, according to the NHP.
The hometowns and ages of the two passengers were not immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation by NHP Trooper R. Rikalo.
Witnesses can contact him at 775-684-7381 or 775-687-0400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case number NHP-140300814.
Once the crash investigation is complete, any potential charges will be recommended to the Carson City District Attorney's Office for review.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?