Person sought after rollover wreck on U.S. 50
June 25, 2014
Authorities are looking for a person believed to have run away from the scene of an accident after a car flipped over on U.S. 50 near Echo Summit on Tuesday evening.
The single-car wreck was reported at about 6:45 p.m. The wreck clogged traffic on the narrow two-lane highway west of South Lake Tahoe until authorities could drag the overturned car out of the roadway.
A person was spotted running away from the wreck and down a steep embankment on the side of the highway. California Highway Patrol had command of the scene and was helping search for the person. No description was available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Lake Tahoe weather: Happy first day of fall, here is some more snow