Person sought after rollover wreck on U.S. 50
June 25, 2014
Authorities are looking for a person believed to have run away from the scene of an accident after a car flipped over on U.S. 50 near Echo Summit on Tuesday evening.
The single-car wreck was reported at about 6:45 p.m. The wreck clogged traffic on the narrow two-lane highway west of South Lake Tahoe until authorities could drag the overturned car out of the roadway.
A person was spotted running away from the wreck and down a steep embankment on the side of the highway. California Highway Patrol had command of the scene and was helping search for the person. No description was available.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline