Person sought after rollover wreck on U.S. 50
June 25, 2014
Authorities are looking for a person believed to have run away from the scene of an accident after a car flipped over on U.S. 50 near Echo Summit on Tuesday evening.
The single-car wreck was reported at about 6:45 p.m. The wreck clogged traffic on the narrow two-lane highway west of South Lake Tahoe until authorities could drag the overturned car out of the roadway.
A person was spotted running away from the wreck and down a steep embankment on the side of the highway. California Highway Patrol had command of the scene and was helping search for the person. No description was available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe