Person sought after rollover wreck on U.S. 50
June 25, 2014
Authorities are looking for a person believed to have run away from the scene of an accident after a car flipped over on U.S. 50 near Echo Summit on Tuesday evening.
The single-car wreck was reported at about 6:45 p.m. The wreck clogged traffic on the narrow two-lane highway west of South Lake Tahoe until authorities could drag the overturned car out of the roadway.
A person was spotted running away from the wreck and down a steep embankment on the side of the highway. California Highway Patrol had command of the scene and was helping search for the person. No description was available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys