Pet of the Week: “Pecan”
November 4, 2013
Pecan knows only life in a shelter. Now 6 months old, the handsome blue male has been an orphan since he was 8 weeks old. Pecan gets along well with each new kitty mate, watching while they get picked instead of him. While open to a kind human touch, he is understandably reserved. He will blossom as soon as he gets the chance. Meet overlooked Pecan at El Dorado County Animal Services, 530-573-7925. For spay-neuter assistance and other support, call the Lake Tahoe Humane Society and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals at 530-542-2857.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys