Pierini reappointed to head POST commission
May 16, 2014
Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval has reappointed Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini chairman of the Nevada Commission of Police Officers' Standards and Training.
Pierini has been on the commission since 2002, and appointed to be chairman of the commission by three governors. He has been chairman of the POST commission since 2006.
The commission's mission is to develop and deliver professional training for all law enforcement officers in Nevada, and ensure that law enforcement agencies comply with established statutes and regulations.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination