Pierini reappointed to head POST commission
May 16, 2014
Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval has reappointed Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini chairman of the Nevada Commission of Police Officers' Standards and Training.
Pierini has been on the commission since 2002, and appointed to be chairman of the commission by three governors. He has been chairman of the POST commission since 2006.
The commission's mission is to develop and deliver professional training for all law enforcement officers in Nevada, and ensure that law enforcement agencies comply with established statutes and regulations.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline