Pierini reappointed to head POST commission
May 16, 2014
Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval has reappointed Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini chairman of the Nevada Commission of Police Officers’ Standards and Training.
Pierini has been on the commission since 2002, and appointed to be chairman of the commission by three governors. He has been chairman of the POST commission since 2006.
The commission’s mission is to develop and deliver professional training for all law enforcement officers in Nevada, and ensure that law enforcement agencies comply with established statutes and regulations.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival