Police searching for alleged bank robber
May 14, 2013
South Lake Tahoe police are looking for a man involved in an alleged robbery of El Dorado Savings Bank at 3443 lake Tahoe Boulevard Thursday afternoon.
The man walked into the bank in the Bijou Center about 2:05 p.m. and handed a note to a teller before leaving the branch on foot, according to police scanner traffic.
Witnesses told police they saw a man matching the description of the alleged robber running towards the lake around the time of the holdup, according to the scanner traffic.
The suspect is described as being white, in his mid-20s, about 6 feet tall, with a small to average build. He was wearing a jacket with stripes on its wrists over a hooded sweatshirt at the time of the incident. He also had ski goggles with an iridescent lens, according to scanner traffic. The man was described as having scruffy facial hair with a mole or dark patch on his left cheek.
No weapon was seen or discussed during the alleged robbery. The man was also described as carrying a bright green-and-orange reusable Safeway grocery bag at the time of the incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- UPDATE: Crews reach 100 percent containment on Ranch Fire in El Dorado County