Police searching for alleged bank robber
May 14, 2013
South Lake Tahoe police are looking for a man involved in an alleged robbery of El Dorado Savings Bank at 3443 lake Tahoe Boulevard Thursday afternoon.
The man walked into the bank in the Bijou Center about 2:05 p.m. and handed a note to a teller before leaving the branch on foot, according to police scanner traffic.
Witnesses told police they saw a man matching the description of the alleged robber running towards the lake around the time of the holdup, according to the scanner traffic.
The suspect is described as being white, in his mid-20s, about 6 feet tall, with a small to average build. He was wearing a jacket with stripes on its wrists over a hooded sweatshirt at the time of the incident. He also had ski goggles with an iridescent lens, according to scanner traffic. The man was described as having scruffy facial hair with a mole or dark patch on his left cheek.
No weapon was seen or discussed during the alleged robbery. The man was also described as carrying a bright green-and-orange reusable Safeway grocery bag at the time of the incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?