Police searching for alleged bank robber
May 14, 2013
South Lake Tahoe police are looking for a man involved in an alleged robbery of El Dorado Savings Bank at 3443 lake Tahoe Boulevard Thursday afternoon.
The man walked into the bank in the Bijou Center about 2:05 p.m. and handed a note to a teller before leaving the branch on foot, according to police scanner traffic.
Witnesses told police they saw a man matching the description of the alleged robber running towards the lake around the time of the holdup, according to the scanner traffic.
The suspect is described as being white, in his mid-20s, about 6 feet tall, with a small to average build. He was wearing a jacket with stripes on its wrists over a hooded sweatshirt at the time of the incident. He also had ski goggles with an iridescent lens, according to scanner traffic. The man was described as having scruffy facial hair with a mole or dark patch on his left cheek.
No weapon was seen or discussed during the alleged robbery. The man was also described as carrying a bright green-and-orange reusable Safeway grocery bag at the time of the incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys