Pollock Pines man blows up house
April 2, 2014
A Pollock Pines man called 911 threatening to blow up his house Saturday afternoon. Responding sheriff's deputies heard an explosion as they approached the home on the 600 block of Pony Express Trail and arrived to find it engulfed in flames.
The man associated with the house was detained and transported to University of California, Davis Medical Center for treatment, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. His identity had not been released by authorities as of Monday morning.
Fire personnel were called out to the fight the structure fire and parts of Pony Express Trail were closed because of the incident, which occurred at about 3 p.m.
The incident remains under investigation by arson investigators and the sheriff's office Crime Scene Investigation unit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘Don’t be afraid to accept help’: Domestic violence survivor speaks up about her experience
- Where to view fall foliage — then grab a bite — in Lake Tahoe (video)
- Riva Grill hosts Knob Creek whiskey tasting
- ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ films season nine premiere in South Lake Tahoe
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- Up in smoke: Wildfires scorch California pot crop at harvest
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes