Pollock Pines man blows up house
April 2, 2014
A Pollock Pines man called 911 threatening to blow up his house Saturday afternoon. Responding sheriff's deputies heard an explosion as they approached the home on the 600 block of Pony Express Trail and arrived to find it engulfed in flames.
The man associated with the house was detained and transported to University of California, Davis Medical Center for treatment, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. His identity had not been released by authorities as of Monday morning.
Fire personnel were called out to the fight the structure fire and parts of Pony Express Trail were closed because of the incident, which occurred at about 3 p.m.
The incident remains under investigation by arson investigators and the sheriff's office Crime Scene Investigation unit.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline