Pollock Pines man blows up house
April 2, 2014
A Pollock Pines man called 911 threatening to blow up his house Saturday afternoon. Responding sheriff’s deputies heard an explosion as they approached the home on the 600 block of Pony Express Trail and arrived to find it engulfed in flames.
The man associated with the house was detained and transported to University of California, Davis Medical Center for treatment, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office. His identity had not been released by authorities as of Monday morning.
Fire personnel were called out to the fight the structure fire and parts of Pony Express Trail were closed because of the incident, which occurred at about 3 p.m.
The incident remains under investigation by arson investigators and the sheriff’s office Crime Scene Investigation unit.
Trending In: Local
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- City of South Lake Tahoe and JoAnn Conner again at odds over settlement
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe births, and more
- WordWave: A Festival of Story returns to South Lake Tahoe
- Kirkwood facing fines over reported wetlands contamination, clean up underway