Quality childcare campaign underway
April 29, 2015
Choices for Children is launching the Quality Child Care Matters Campaign in El Dorado County. This is a multi-agency collaborative effort to raise the community's awareness about the long-term value of quality child care.
Quality child care is essential to a thriving community. To be productive employees, parents need to have reliable child care and know that their children are being cared for in a safe and healthy environment. Children need to be respected and engaged in learning so they will develop the academic and social skills necessary to be successful in school and beyond.
To find out more about quality early care and education, take the First Step to Quality by calling Choices for Children, El Dorado County's non-profit Child Care Resource and Referral agency. Choices for Children can provide a list of local early care and education options, offer information about how to identify quality, and help families develop a child care plan. Call 530-676-0707 or visit choices4children-eldorado.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Does the South Lake Tahoe city manager make more than the California Governor?
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- The Polar Express leaves the station, begins limited run (video)
- Valhalla Holiday Faire celebrates the season
- ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ films season nine premiere in South Lake Tahoe
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- UPDATE: Lifts running as Heavenly Mountain Resort opens 2017-18 season (video)