Report: Girl died of reaction to Rice Krispies treat | TahoeDailyTribune.com
Tribune staff report

Back to: Local

Report: Girl died of reaction to Rice Krispies treat

El Dorado County Coroner's Detectives have determined that a 13-year-old girl who died in South Lake Tahoe Friday evening suffered an allergic reaction at Camp Sacramento.

Natalie Giorgi died after taking a bite of a Rice Krispies treat containing peanuts even though her parents administered multiple doses of medicine to help save the girl, The Sacramento Bee reported.

Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a child not breathing at Camp Sacramento 10:40 p.m., according to a press release from the sheriff's office. Paramedics performed CPR on Giorgie who was taken to Barton Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead about 12:30 a.m. Saturday, police said.

Camp Sacramento is located about 20 miles west of South Lake Tahoe off U.S. Highway 50 in Twin Bridges.