Return envelopes for tax bills on the way
August 1, 2014
An El Dorado County vendor, R.R. Donnelley and Sons, forgot to send return payment envelopes along with the 2014-15 unsecured property tax bills, and will be mailing them out soon at no cost to the county, El Dorado County Tax Collector C.L. Raffety said.
The return payment envelopes will come with a letter of apology for any inconvenience the oversight may have caused.
"Unfortunately for taxpayers this doesn't delay the delinquency date. The unsecured tax bill is due upon receipt and the bills will be delinquent if not paid on or before September 2, 2014 at 5 p.m.," Raffety said in a press release.
The El Dorado County Tax Collector website offers a secure payment service to pay property taxes by electronic check or credit card. The system accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover Card and American Express. The website is http://www.edcgov.us/taxcollector.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Snow in September? Don’t worry, winter is not here yet
- Hidden painted rocks the latest craze sweeping across the South Shore