Saint Bernard puppy ‘Thor’ named city mascot
March 26, 2014
Thor, a 5 1/2 month old Saint Bernard puppy, was introduced to the South Lake Tahoe City Council at its March 18 meeting by Chief of Police Brian T. Uhler.
Uhler explained that city staff recently met Thor at an all hands meeting and in a near-unanimous vote, chose to consider Thor the city mascot.
“There was one vote against Thor,” Uhler said. “I don’t see how anyone could vote against that fuzz-ball puppy.”
At the council meeting, Thor balanced on his hind legs and leaned against Mayor Hal Cole. They exchanged pleasantries, but the specifics on what they talked about were not clear.
Thor will be invited to various city events throughout the year. He will greet visitors and citizens with puppy friendliness and the happy attitude that is common with Saint Bernards.
Citizens desiring to have Thor appear at special events of 25 or more should email their requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival