Saint Bernard puppy ‘Thor’ named city mascot
March 26, 2014
Thor, a 5 1/2 month old Saint Bernard puppy, was introduced to the South Lake Tahoe City Council at its March 18 meeting by Chief of Police Brian T. Uhler.
Uhler explained that city staff recently met Thor at an all hands meeting and in a near-unanimous vote, chose to consider Thor the city mascot.
"There was one vote against Thor," Uhler said. "I don't see how anyone could vote against that fuzz-ball puppy."
At the council meeting, Thor balanced on his hind legs and leaned against Mayor Hal Cole. They exchanged pleasantries, but the specifics on what they talked about were not clear.
Thor will be invited to various city events throughout the year. He will greet visitors and citizens with puppy friendliness and the happy attitude that is common with Saint Bernards.
Citizens desiring to have Thor appear at special events of 25 or more should email their requests to: email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?