Sheriff’s office asking theft victims to come forward
June 14, 2013
The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office is asking people who have been the victim of thefts to contact them after recovering a large amount of suspected stolen property during a search of a residence June 6.
"It is possible some of the theft victims have not yet reported their thefts or the thefts may still be unknown," according to a Friday statement from the sheriff's office. "It is likely the property had been stolen from storage facilities and mailboxes."
Lt. Pete Van Arnum did not return requests for additional information Friday and it is unknown if an arrest has been made in the case. The investigation is ongoing, according to the statement.
The sheriff office's media log shows a large amount of stolen property was recovered from a house on Friant Court after a search warrant was served the afternoon of June 6.
The sheriff's office asks people who may have been a victim of these thefts to contact Detective Paul Kuhn at 530-573-3022 or 530-573-3000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe