Shuttle service offered for Welcome Home celebration
March 13, 2014
People who plan to attend a Welcome Home celebration for local Olympians Jamie Anderson, Maddie Bowman and Hannah Teeter on Saturday are advised to take a free bus shuttle to Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort.
The resort’s parking lots are expected to fill to capacity and there are no overflow lots.
Shuttle service to the ski resort is being offered from three locations: Meyers Downtown Café, the Lake Tahoe Environmental Magnet School at 1095 East San Bernardino Ave. and the Lake Tahoe Airport.
Shuttles will start at 10 a.m. and continue until 2 p.m.
Buses will be running on a first-come, first-served basis. Heavy traffic is expected, which could impact bus routes and times, so getting on early buses is recommended.
If you do choose to drive to the resort, be advised that the parking lots are expected to fill up early in the morning. Carpooling is encouraged and people must observe all signs and laws when parking. People cannot park in fire lanes or tow-away zones or block resident driveways.
Return bus service from Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort will start at 3:30 p.m.
A vehicle procession from South Lake Tahoe to Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort will leave South Tahoe High School at 1 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival