Sierra-at-Tahoe ski resort launches Hydration Program at Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
October 4, 2016
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE — Committed to sustainability and the environment, Sierra-at-Tahoe is excited to announce a partnership with Vapur®, makers of the flexible, reusable and eco-responsible "Anti-Bottle." The partnership will support Project: Green Sierra, the resort's initiatives for economically friendly and sustainable ski resort operations.
Sierra-at-Tahoe will install four Vapur Refill Stations around the resort to help keep guests healthy and hydrated, and will sell the reusable "Anti-Bottle" in retail and at food and beverage outlets throughout the season.
"We are always looking at ways to reduce our environmental footprint at Sierra. Vapur gives our guests a clean water option and an opportunity to send less waste to landfills. It's a great opportunity to grow Project: Green Sierra as well. It complements our current initiatives such as using B5 biodiesel fuel, offering transportation services and implementing efficient lighting throughout the resort. Not to mention, we're thrilled to support another local California brand," general manager John Rice said.
To date, the Vapur Refill Stations have saved an estimated 2,815,000 single-use plastic bottles from being disposed of in landfills. The Sierra-Vapur Hydration Program will launch on October 9th, the day of Sierra-at-Tahoe's 10th Annual Keep Sierra Clean Day, which encourages members of the community to help clean up the mountain of trash before the season begins. This free event includes a ride up the mountain via our Tahoe King Chairlift, prizes for items found around the mountain along with free lunch and live music.
The Hydration Stations further Vapur's mission of eco-responsibility by minimizing the use of plastic water bottles, while providing clean, accessible water to skiers and riders.
Vapur Hydration Stations are springing up across the country in national parks and colleges, as well as travel and hospitality destinations, but Vapur hopes this is just the beginning.
Recommended Stories For You
"Our company was created out of a love for the environment and a desire to provide a product that supports active lifestyles," CAO and co-founder of Vapur Brent Reinke said. "We have the opportunity — and responsibility — to do more environmental safeguarding through the Hydration Program and other partnerships with like-minded companies, parks and resorts."
For more information on the Vapur Hydration Program, visit http://www.vapur.us/hydration-program.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Where to view fall foliage — then grab a bite — in Lake Tahoe (video)
- ‘Don’t be afraid to accept help’: Domestic violence survivor speaks up about her experience
- As Election Day nears, divided panel discusses road sales tax Measure C
- Riva Grill hosts Knob Creek whiskey tasting
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes