South Lake Tahoe blood drive scheduled for Aug. 4
July 23, 2014
BloodSource, a not-for-profit organization providing services throughout northern and central California, will hold a South Lake Tahoe community blood drive on Aug. 4 to meet the need for blood and blood products in the area.
The event will be held at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, located at 4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd., and take place from noon to 6 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome.
Blood drive participants will receive a parking validation for the hotel parking lot at check in. They must bring a photo ID and should drink plenty of fluids before donating.
Donors must also weigh at least 110 pounds, be at least 17 years old and generally healthy to give blood.
For more information about the event, contact BloodSource at 1-800-995-4420.
Trending In: Local
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe