South Lake Tahoe enrolling for Citizens Academy
March 13, 2014
Want an in-depth look into municipal government? South Lake Tahoe is accepting applications for its Citizens Academy, a free, seven-session interactive course designed to help residents learn about their city government and the services and programs it offers.
The academy will be held on consecutive Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 9 through May 21. The course is open to all community members and provides an opportunity for people to increase their knowledge about the workings of local government and become more involved in the shaping and development of their community.
More details are available online at http://www.cityofslt.us/academy. To enroll, fill out an application and return it to the city offices at 1901 Airport Road, fax it to 530-542-7411 or email it to email@example.com. Applications are due by 4 p.m. Friday, March 21.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline