South Lake Tahoe man arrested on rape charges
May 23, 2014
A South Lake Tahoe man remains in jail on rape charges following his arrest Tuesday.
Patrick Allen McAvoy, 26, was arrested on suspicion of several felony rape-related charges and one misdemeanor sexual battery charge following an incident reported in the upper Bijou area.
Bail was set at $130,000, according to jail records.
McAvoy has no prior arrests or convictions for similar charges, Detective Jeff Roberson said.
The investigation by South Lake Tahoe Police is nearing completion to be forwarded to the El Dorado County District Attorney's Office for consideration for a formal criminal complaint.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe