South Lake Tahoe man arrested on rape charges
May 23, 2014
A South Lake Tahoe man remains in jail on rape charges following his arrest Tuesday.
Patrick Allen McAvoy, 26, was arrested on suspicion of several felony rape-related charges and one misdemeanor sexual battery charge following an incident reported in the upper Bijou area.
Bail was set at $130,000, according to jail records.
McAvoy has no prior arrests or convictions for similar charges, Detective Jeff Roberson said.
The investigation by South Lake Tahoe Police is nearing completion to be forwarded to the El Dorado County District Attorney's Office for consideration for a formal criminal complaint.
Trending In: Local
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning