South Lake Tahoe man arrested on rape charges
May 23, 2014
A South Lake Tahoe man remains in jail on rape charges following his arrest Tuesday.
Patrick Allen McAvoy, 26, was arrested on suspicion of several felony rape-related charges and one misdemeanor sexual battery charge following an incident reported in the upper Bijou area.
Bail was set at $130,000, according to jail records.
McAvoy has no prior arrests or convictions for similar charges, Detective Jeff Roberson said.
The investigation by South Lake Tahoe Police is nearing completion to be forwarded to the El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office for consideration for a formal criminal complaint.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival