South Shore gets in the holiday spirit
December 13, 2013
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas on the South Shore.
Saturday morning, South Lake Tahoe Library held its Christmas at the Library, with singing, crafts and photos with Santa.
Later that evening, businesses were asked to turn on their Christmas lights as a decorated procession of city vehicles drove past on Highway 50 to light up the tree at the "Y" intersection.
A small crowd gathered in the parking lot as choirs from local schools sang and Santa stopped by to pose for photos.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Snow in September? Don’t worry, winter is not here yet
- Hidden painted rocks the latest craze sweeping across the South Shore