South Shore gets in the holiday spirit
December 13, 2013
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas on the South Shore.
Saturday morning, South Lake Tahoe Library held its Christmas at the Library, with singing, crafts and photos with Santa.
Later that evening, businesses were asked to turn on their Christmas lights as a decorated procession of city vehicles drove past on Highway 50 to light up the tree at the "Y" intersection.
A small crowd gathered in the parking lot as choirs from local schools sang and Santa stopped by to pose for photos.
Trending In: Local
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- Tahoe in the movies: In Oscar fashion, learn about films that feature the basin
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Man wanted in Mendocino murder arrested in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Brewing Company preps for opening